Changing geographic imperatives
Unprecedented shifts are changing the face of future growth in the global pharma industry. These include:
- A dramatic swing in power away from the G8 mature markets to the dynamic pharmerging economies
- The rapid evolution of China – set to be the second largest prescription drug market by 2020
- The rising importance of an additional 16 fast-growing, high-performing economies
Knowing where, when and how to capture growth – before the opportunities plateau – requires an urgent reassessment of geographic portfolios, internal priorities and strategic goals. New business models already are being developed to reflect the new world order. The time has come to respond to the changes that imply a very different future for the industry.
- Which pharmerging countries are most attractive – and how do they rank in potential?
- How does our portfolio – current and future – align to these markets?
- What are the optimal approaches to market entry, addressing the local barriers?
- How can we leverage best practices within market tiers to optimize access, distribution, sales and marketing?
HOW WE HELP
- Global market assessment and prioritization of pharmerging markets
- Multi-country market access and distribution strategies
- Country franchise growth strategies
- Geographic launch sequencing strategies and best practices
A multinational pharma company asked IMS Consulting Group to help them understand the key dynamics in each of the major pharmerging markets and to develop a roadmap for maximizing growth in 13 countries.
IMS on-the-ground teams with deep understanding of these local pharmerging markets evaluated alternative options, offered an insightful, rapid prioritization of the countries’ potential, and tailored entry / growth approaches for the most attractive markets.
Compulsory Licensing - Securing IP and Access to Medicine
Compulsory licensing is back in the news. Unlike a decade ago, however, the focus is not on HIV/AIDS treatments but rather access to high-price oncology drugs in emerging markets looking to provide lower cost alternatives. Raja Shankar and team investigate this further.
The Big Sell: Biologics In Emerging Markets
This paper published in Pharmaceutical Executive looks at the complex opportunities and access challenges that face commercialization of biologics in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Guiding Principles for Providing Effective Access To Medicines In Emerging Markets
This paper presented at ISPOR shows how markets with better pricing and patient access data systems achieve better access to innovative medicines, and lays out guiding principles for providing effective access to these treatments within the budget constraints.
South East Asia - Pharmerging Landscape
Learn more about the opportunity for MNC and generics firms in the rapidly growing, heterogenous South-East Asian pharmaceutical market. Our Singapore team analyzes the forward outlook for the region and highlights specific growth opportunities.