Strategy & Portfolio Analysis
Transforming investment decisions
The issues are mounting: Pharmaceutical portfolios are leaner, and harder to build and sustain. R&D productivity is declining as development costs soar. Regulatory hurdles and patent expiries are challenging commercial prospects. As clients look to build the optimal portfolio, we help them align corporate, therapeutic area and product strategies for improved value creation and retention. Our forecasting capabilities are proven, and we’ve pioneered industry-standard frameworks for portfolio optimization — transforming the way investment decisions are evaluated and implemented by our pharma, biotech and generics clients worldwide.
- What portfolio decisions are optimal for our company?
- How should partnerships be approached and considered?
- What are the best R&D decisions in the current industry climate?
- Should we consider franchise-related or other business model strategies?
HOW WE HELP
- Pharmaceutical portfolio management and analysis
- M&A, L&A due diligence
- Therapeutic franchise strategy
- Product development strategy and valuation
- Product, pipeline and therapy area assessments
- Forecasting / forecast upgrade
Facing slow growth and a depleted pipeline, a mid-size pharma company came to IMS Consulting Group for help with redesigning its corporate portfolio strategy.
A radical shift in their business model. Among the changes: a significant narrowing of therapy area focus to areas of competitive advantage; a substantial increase in business development resources; and a shift toward commercializing early stage in-licensing candidates, in place of in-house discovery research.
New Paradigm - Incorporating Access Decisions Into Portfolio Strategy
Our Portfolio Strategy leadership presented this framework for value-based access strategy decisions at the recent 12th Annual Portfolio and Project Management for Pharma Conference in Barcelona.