The new launch realities
In an era of shrinking pipelines and growing payer influence, optimizing the performance of every pharmaceutical product launch is critical. But with less than 1 percent of newly launched brands out-performing in key dimensions of success, such as market share and promotional effectiveness, the challenges have never been greater.
Even with a good product in hand, launch preparation has inherent risks:
- Lack of global and local functional alignment on strategy, execution and definition of success
- Quality and timeliness issues from the sheer number of activities and interdependencies—delayed mobilization, lack of resources and inconsistent execution
- Limited visibility into launch preparation across functions and regions
Yet, opportunities to excel remain. IMS Consulting Group helps clients optimize the outcome of their product launches by aligning to critical success factors, identifying gaps in launch preparations and building plans to close them, and determining pre- and post-launch indicators of success. Our approach already has helped several major brands achieve best-in-class product launch performance.
- How can we ensure that launch strategy, planning and execution are truly world class?
- What are our gaps and key risks, and how do we overcome them?
- What are the activities, timelines and milestones from now until launch?
- What are all the functional and geographical interdependencies and responsibilities?
- Which key performance indicators will define and track launch success?
- What is the best process and tool to track launch progress?
HOW WE HELP
Optimize launch performance through:
Launch diagnostics for best-in-class preparation
- Planning to ensure adequate resourcing and flawless execution
- Key performance indicators for consistent tracking of launch success
- Launch excellence codification and translation across regions
- Better launch planning across marketing, sales and market access
Standard launch preparations were seriously undermining the long-term potential of a top 10 pharma company's breakthrough treatment.
Significantly accelerated and improved quality launch planning and execution by prioritizing, closing gaps and mitigating risks across functions and regions while fostering innovation through sharing best practices and consistently challenging functions.
Global Launch in a Post-Blockbuster Era
First of its kind eBook on global launch, featuring insights, strategies and best practices from IMS and Pharmaceutial Executive editors on what constitutes a successful product launch. iPad users can access the eBook app here. For access to a PDF version of the eBook, click here.
A New Foundation for Designing Winning Brand Strategies – The Patient Journey Re-envisioned
The years immediately preceding a pharmaceutical product launch are arguably one of the riskiest periods in business and “getting it right” has never been more essential. IMS experts discuss the importance of the patient journey – a powerful framework for understanding the market and patient experience – in driving brand growth.
We ensure best-in-class pharmaceutical product launch diagnostics, planning and tracking. For more details on our capabilities, click here.