Pricing & Market Access
Optimizing market access
In the world of drug pricing, the only constant is change. New regulations, sometimes radical interventions, and increasing emphasis on value-based assessments are raising the hurdles to market access and reimbursement at optimal prices. Simultaneously, payer groups are growing in power and applying more sophisticated measures. Now more than ever, their decisions make or break product success. Consider that:
- Demonstrating value is getting tougher, with requirements for stronger, more compelling real-world evidence
- Activist payers are tightening cost control, with greater constraints on physicians and manufacturers
- Broad-based reforms across countries are changing the game for pricing, pharmaceutical market access and launch sequencing
IMS Consulting Group links international expertise in health economics and outcomes research and deep knowledge of pricing and market access at the global, regional and local level to help our clients achieve market access and demonstrate value.
- How can we best define and articulate the value proposition for our product?
- How should we design our strategy for evidence development, gap filling and pre-market conditioning?
- How do we position our product for optimal P&MA across multiple indications?
- How should we develop our global pricing strategy given local market dynamics and list-to-net factors?
- What are the key considerations for launch sequencing/parallel trade?
- What type of contracting approaches and rebate strategies will optimize our ROI?
HOW WE HELP
- Global pricing frameworks
- Future P&MA landscape assessments
- Early product concept and positioning testing
- Value message creation and testing
- Value pack development
- Launch pricing and positioning studies
- Parallel trade/launch sequence analysis
A top pharma company asked for guidance on how to position its third-line prostate cancer therapy to optimize the value story.
Our clients reprioritized their development program to focus on first-line positioning after IMS Consulting Group pricing and positioning research revealed that optimal market access potential would be realized in a first-line setting.
Our Team's Strengths
- Combined experience of 30+ senior-level P&MA experts, helping clients work through thousands of market access challenges
- Extensive global payer network to ensure that our research reflects the right stakeholders
- Local experts tuned to market changes with an ability to interpret impact
- On-the-ground teams liaising with client affiliates to ensure local feasibility and buy-in to global strategies.
Pricing & Market Access Outlook: 2012
Join our senior team as they share their perspectives on the key issues in IMSCG’s annual state of play in pricing and market access
AMNOG – Seven Learnings for Strategic Market Access Decisions in Germany
In this article, Justus Dehnen and Michael Schmoeller explore the impact of the recent AMNOG reforms from an evidence standpoint, taking a viewpoint on the globally strategic market access implications as a consequence of German GBA benefit assessment outcomes.